Cook County Offers Tips to Help Residents Beat the Heat
With temperatures expected to rise to dangerous levels throughout the weekend, Cook County ioffers the following tips to help keep you safe:
- Stay hydrated and avoid alcohol and sugary drinks
- Check on elderly neighbors and those with functional needs
- Try to stay in the shade or indoors as much as possible
- If working outside, take frequent breaks, preferably in an air-conditioned space
- Take pets indoors and make sure they have plenty of water
- Never leave children or pets unattended in a vehicle.
Some municipalities in the County have also opened cooling centers for residents. A list is those centers is available here.